1. All games will be 9 innings, except doubleheaders which will be two 7 inning games. If its a split doubleheader, with one team playing two different teams, they will still be 7 inning games.
2. Typical baseball rules apply in regards to game suspensions and completions due to weather. The team losing must hit 5 times for a game to be complete. If tied after that point, the game will be considered halted and resumed at a later date. If the game was suspended before that point, the game will be considered a rainout.
3. Rainouts will not be made up.
4. The top four teams will make the VBCBL Playoffs (based on winning percentage). Tiebreakers will be a) head to head record b) record against 1st place team (if still tied then record against second place team, etc) c) coin flip
5. Playoffs will be single game elimination with semi-final games of #1 seed vs #4 seed and #2 seed vs #3 seed. The championship will match the two winners. The higher seed will be the home team.
6. Any wood or composite bat is allowed. (Some bats will be provided for team use)
7. All players on the field of play must be in uniform or an accepted jacket.
8. After 11:59 PM June 30, rosters are frozen and only in the case of an extreme emergency will exceptions be made to add a player (by the commissioner).
9. Eligible players must be enrolled in a college or university at time of registration. Players finishing their high school senior year are eligible as well as players who just finished their senior year in college.
1. To secure a spot in the VBCBL all payments must be adhered to according to the payment schedule. If payments are not maintained, the VBCBL has the right to replace the player with an alternate player and no refund will be issued.
2. There are no refunds offered in the league.
3. To help offset the cost of the league, players will also recieve an amount of $20 raffle tickets equal to their payments to sell which have great prizes. The players KEEP the money for the tickets they sell and just turn in the stubs. In essence if they sell them all, they would be basically playing and living for free
1. All players will be housed at Virginia Wesleyan College and live in their dorms.
2. There will be two players per room.
3. Rooms will NOT include any linens.
4. Rooms come with included wi-fi, television hookups, microwave/refrigerator units, and laundry facilities in the dorms.
5. Any player not adhering to the college and league's behavior policy will be disciplined accordingly and possibly removed from the housing and/or league without a refund.
6. Coaches in the league will be living in the dorms with the players as well.
7. Rooming assignments will be issued approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of the season and contact information of roommates will be sent to players.
1. Helmets, balls, etc will all be provided by the VBCBL.
2. Composite wood bats will be provided to each team. Players are welcome to bring their own composite or wood bats as well.
3. Each player will be issued 2 sets of jerseys, 2 sets of pants, league shorts, socks, a hat, and a belt. The pants and belts need to be returned at the end of the season.
1. All games will have live stats provided by Gamechanger.
2. Updated statistics will be available on the VBCBL website via Gamechanger.
3. NCAA rules will apply to all games.
4. Batting practice and infield/outfield will be available for most pre-games.
5. Tobacco of any kind is not allowed per NCAA rules.
6. Trainers will be on staff for most games.